Tuesday, June 8, 2010

psalm 91

whoever goes to the lord for safety
whoever remains under the protection of the almighty
can say unto him
"you are my defender and protector
you are my god
in you i trust."

he will keep you safe from all hidden dangers
and from all deadly diseases
he will cover you with his wings
you will be safe in his care
his faithfulness will defend and protect you

you need not fear any dangers at night
or sudden attacks during the day
or the plagues that strike in the dark
or the evils that kill in daylight

a thousand may fall dead beside you
ten thousand all around you
but you will not be harmed
you will look and see how the wicked are punished
you have made the lord your defender
the most high your protector
and so, no disaster will strike you
no violence will come near your home
god will put his angels in charge of you
to protect you wherever you go
they will hold you up with their hands
to keep you from hurting your feet on the stones
you will trample down lions and snakes
fierce lions and poisonous snakes

god says, "i will save those who love me
and will protect those who acknowledge me as lord.
when they call to me i will answer them
when they are in trouble i will be with themThi
i will rescue them and honor them
i will reward them with long life
i will save them."


This is my favorite prayer. A good friend from long ago taught me this. I just want to thank that person wherever he is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment