Saturday, July 24, 2010


It's saturday once more... feels like a long time since my last blog. My last two weeks sked been busy at work... Well , now is my time for a bit of a break and somehow do some blogs... really missed a lot.
Glad to have some avocado in store... looks good enough for a nice shake. It's in season right now and it's one of my favorites.

Here's my recipe: 


1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
2 cups ice (16 to 20 ice cubes)
1/2 cup fat-free sweetened condensed milk
1/2 to 1 cup cold non-fat milk



Scoop avocado flesh into blender.  Add milk, ice and sugar to desired taste. Blend until pureed.  

Now that's the best I can think of about avocados. But there's obviously a lot of recipes for it. Guacamole, salads, soups, breakfast, and desserts. Still i love my avocado shake.

As for nutritional facts it is said that avocados provide nearly 20 essential nutrients, including fiber, potassium, Vitamin E, B-vitamins and folic acid. They also act as a "nutrient booster" by enabling the body to absorb more fat-soluble nutrients, such as alpha and beta-carotene and lutein, in foods that are eaten with the fruit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment